Depression Treatment Services in Tysons, VA
Depression (major depressive disorder) is a significant mental disorder that affects nearly 1 in 16 patients, according to the American Psychiatric Association. Depression is when your brain more frequently creates feelings of sadness or lost interest in previously enjoyable activities.
Thankfully, depression is treatable and our psychiatric experts at Synergy Immediate Care can help administer treatment. Depression is different from normal feelings of sadness such as grief since individuals that are grieving usually maintain some other positive emotions like self-esteem.
Patients that have the following symptoms for two or more weeks likely have a case of clinical depression:
- Constant sad or depressed mood
- Lost interest in previous hobbies
- Loss of energy and increased fatigue
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Suicidal thoughts
Depression treatment options at Synergy Immediate Care
If you or a family member has depression, then make sure you get treatment at Synergy Immediate Care for these needs. We can identify and provide treatment based on a variety of depression causes:
- Medication: Depression is sometimes exacerbated by a medical factor such as a thyroid condition or from an influx of certain brain chemicals. Clinical depression is usually treated with a controlled prescription.
- Psychotherapy: Depression may also be treated with some cognitive therapy to help the patient recognize distorted behavioral patterns. Counseling and other forms of therapy help to address other mental factors of depression.
- Alternative therapies: In extreme cases of depression a patient may need electrical stimulation if they don’t respond to other treatment forms. Electroconvulsive therapy allows a team of providers to treat depression over a longer period of time. Transcranial magnetic stimulation is a newer form of therapy that has quickly gained acceptance as well.
If you require depression treatment then make sure to visit Synergy Immediate Care! Call us at 703-942-5331 to schedule an appointment with our therapist or our psychiatrist. We look forward to helping you treat and manage any level of depression with our psychiatric specialist team and to helping you feel well and back to your normal self again!